Friday, September 18, 2009

Brick Walls


I think I'm done banging my head against the proverbial brick wall.  I want to just let life happen and enjoy the moment.  Too many things are out of my control.  Why should I be the only one who sees the truth about things?  Family and friends ask me for help and I want to help them.  More often than not, I am appreciated by my friends.  Family, however, continue to go along helter skelter, never learning that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of crazy!
There is another recurring dream I have, and it involves going up and down stairs in a huge building, I think it is a combination of all the schools I attended, and I want to get to a class or a meeting.  The problem is that sometimes the stairs to the floor where I should be, stop at a ceiling, or there is a set of stairs I should take next and I must climb up or down to them, which is not possible as they are out of my reach. That fact does not frustrate me, it makes me try to get to my destination another way.  I believe the dream is telling me that some parts of my life are out of my reach, and trying to get to them will be a challenge.  Well, all of life is a challenge.  One can be defeated at points in one's life, but one must never give up.  As the old song says "I never promised you a Rose Garden".  So, I'll still stop to smell the Roses in my "garden", but be aware of the thorns!

No comments:

Post a Comment